We know arranging your loved one’s funeral is a daunting event in any circumstances. To keep you and your family, as well as the funeral team supporting you, safe we’ve made some changes to how we provide services.
Working closely with the Government and our professional colleagues across the funeral industry, we’ve put these changes in place to ensure we can continue to offer dignified and appropriate funerals for loved ones. Our colleagues are here 24 hours a day to support you, even though you may not be able to come in and see us face to face.
The key things you need to know
Our funeral homes are now closed to the public, but we are still there to organise and support you through this process. Appointments will now happen by telephone. Information on how to contact the teams is displayed clearly on the front door or window of the funeral home.
• All arrangements will now be able to be made over the telephone and by email. We have step by step guides that will be emailed to you, and they’ll guide you through the decisions you need to make.
• At the moment, you will still be able to visit your loved one, by appointment with the funeral home. We will still need to observe the new social distancing guidelines, and we’ll help you with that.
• Florist shops have now been closed. If you would like to bring your own flowers directly to the service, we’ll ensure they are placed on the coffin before the service.
• Due to the social distancing guidelines, we are no longer able to offer limousine services. We’d recommend only people from the same household travel together.
• Our funeral directors are likely to be using a wheeled trolley to bring your loved one’s coffin into the service, based on the current guidelines.
• New headstones and refurbishment of existing ones will now be carried out after the current restrictions have been lifted. We will still provide stone removals for burials.
It continues to be our privilege to support families in their hour of need. We will continue to ensure we also keep everyone involved as safe as possible.